compensation: $15.00 - $23.00 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
HQ Custom Design is seeking to hire an experienced '12V Installer' to work in our facility in South Hackensack, NJ and join our team.
HQ Custom Design is a pioneer and recognized leader in upfitting custom conversion vans and SUVs to transforming them into luxurious high-end builds, mobile offices, wheelchair-accessible vans, shuttle buses, and commercial vans for small businesses and corporations.
We are searching for committed, qualified and professional individuals to join our team!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install 12v accessories in Mercedes-Benz Sprinters, Metris and Ford Transits among other chassis types for performing van conversions and van upfits.
- Remove and disassemble OEM van interiors.
- Install electrical wiring harnesses, connect electrical fittings, drill holes, soldering and perform all physical tasks associated with upfitting vehicles.
- Develop efficient wiring routes throughout the vehicle and enable future replacement and/or troubleshooting.
- Install audio systems including radios, speakers and amplifiers.
- Creation fuse boxes along with installation of fuses, relays and switches.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with equipment as necessary.
- Maintain safe, clean and orderly tools and work area.
- Continuous learning in new products, skills techniques from colleagues and manufacturers.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- 2+ years of automotive wiring / mechanic or related experience in a shop environment.
- Knowledge and ability to use hand or power tools to assemble parts and various components.
- Ability to install interior van components. This includes the ability to determine how parts should go together and using hand and/or power tools to make adjustments and/or assemble them together.
- Possess the drive and mental aptitude to work safely with tools and understand auto wiring.
- Self-motivated and professional.
- Listen and follow directions of production managers.
- Work well under pressure in fast-paced environment.
- Be able to follow directions; evaluate problems and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work well in small teams.
- Work day is from Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (45 minute lunchtime)
- Work inside and outside vehicles inside a shop environment
- Frequent lifting objects up to 50 lbs. Frequent kneeling, crawling, bending.
- Paid holidays and personal time off
- Vacation time
- 401k savings plans and benefits
- Life insurance plans available
- $15.00 - $23.00 per hour
- United States (Required)
HQ Custom Design Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender, medical condition or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws in the State of New Jersey.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers