The Maintenance Tech will handle many different areas of repair, such as plumbing, electricity, ventilation, air conditioning, and other building systems. The Maintenance Tech is also responsible for evaluating problematic systems and determining what repairs need to be performed. Maintenance Tech is also involved with assigning duties and responsibilities; the maintenance lead may provide training on equipment and procedures used in a building or complex. Maintenance Tech is also responsible for coordinating with building or complex management on supplies needed for the job, as well as maintenance inventory. Supervisors may also be responsible for the evaluations and accident investigations, as well as filing reports.
QR Code Link to This Post
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that building systems operate efficiently and
that the physical condition of buildings do not deteriorate.
• Perform maintenance tasks such as carpentry, painting, plumbing and electrical repairs to
ensure that the building is properly maintained.
• Clean and repair building fixtures including lights, locks, windows, doors, screens, walls, floors,
gutters and drains.
• Operate and perform routine maintenance and repairs on HVAC equipment and related
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED Required
• 4+ years of directly related or closely related experience
• Knowledge of general maintenance requirements, (documentation, safety, required reporting,
• Knowledge of electrical and plumbing codes and maintenance requirements, (documentation,
safety, required reporting, regulations, etc.)
• Knowledge of OSHA worksite and personal safety requirements.
• Knowledge of State or local governmental safety requirements.
• Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.).
• Professional customer service skills.
• Interpretation and completion of verbal and/or written instructions at a proficient level.
• Knowledge of company policies, procedures and forms.
• Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
• Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player.