Linden, New Jersey
Part-Time Program Leader
After-School All-Stars (ASAS) is one of the leading national after-school program providers in the country. Our comprehensive school-based programs combine activities and learning to help build the knowledge and skills children need to succeed, both in school and in life.
We are currently looking for a Program Leader for our newest site in Linden, NJ at McManus Middle School. We are looking for an energetic, creative leader to take part in a whole school turnaround effort. This successful candidate will be a self-starter with a great personality, passionate about serving youth in an educational setting, and can mentor our youth. The Program Leader's mission is to ensure that youth have a positive, educational, and fun after-school experience. Program Leaders are crucial to a successful after-school program.
Position: Program Leader/Sports and Fitness Instructors Needed
Reports to: Site Coordinator
Location: Linden, NJ
Work Hours: This is a part time position. Monday - Friday, 3:00pm - 7:00pm.
Compensation: $18-20/hour depending on experience
The part-time Program Leader, under the direction of the Program Director and Site Coordinator, is responsible for the daily implementation of the After-School All-Stars program model: Youth Supervision:
• Supervise students at all times
• Attend program daily, Monday - Friday, 3:00pm - 7:00pm
• Engage students in exciting and empowering enrichment activities
• Follow the ASAS code of student conduct when disciplining students
• Assist with the distribution, supervision, and clean-up of snacks in the cafeteria
• Prepare and plan activities that reflect the required program curriculum for Sports and/or Fitness
• Develop lesson plans that incorporate student interests, required curricula and timeframes, and ensure accurate implementation
• Follow enrichment/academic/health and fitness schedules accurately
• Attend professional development activities and meetings
• Assist in planning end-of-session culminating events
• Assist in acquiring and coordinating program equipment, materials, facilities, nutrition, and transportation needs on site
• Submit daily, weekly and monthly lesson plans
• Work in conjunction with the Site Coordinator and fellow Program Leaders to ensure the smooth
delivery of program activities
• Support student recruitment and promotion of the program
• Gauge student interests and interact with students to ensure all students are always engaged in the
• Prepare supplies, materials, and any other items needed before program begins
• Create and maintain an inviting, safe and orderly environment including ensuring cleanliness of
classrooms, auditorium, and other areas where the program is held
• Maintain professional and positive relationships with school staff, partners, students and parents
• Maintain accurate attendance data and reports
• Submit required data on time and accurately
Experience and Education
The successful candidate will have a year or more of non-profit or related youth development program
experience. The individual will have a familiarity with and passion for working with low income youth. Additional
• Individuals who may have experience in the following areas: Yoga, Dance, Zumba, Soccer, Basketball or Flag
Football and more...
• One or more years of experience working in an after school, day camp, or community youth outreach
setting is preferred.
• Familiarity with quality criteria for after school programs preferred
• Familiarity with youth development principles and middle school aged youth preferred
• Experience creating lesson plans or multi-week curriculum preferred
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with school district staff, program staff, parents, and
• Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity to others as well as respond to critical
incidents and act swiftly in an emergency
• Familiarity and experience with diverse populations and cultural competencies strongly desired
• Excellent organizational skills
• Familiarity with basic computer software programs
• Must clear fingerprinting, background, and Tuberculosis checks
Sorry, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Selected candidate must commit throughout the school year and possibly beyond.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers