compensation: hourly position with time and a half for all hours worked over 40 in one week. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Geo-Technology Associates, Inc. (GTA) is seeking Geotechnical Engineering Field Technicians for our office in Somerset, NJ. We are looking for candidates interested in building a career in the construction observation, environmental, and/or geotechnical consulting fields. As a Field Technician, you will provide a wide range of observation and testing services for geotechnical and environmental development projects as you support geologists, engineers, and scientists for a diverse client base in the private and public sectors.
As a Geotechnical Engineering Field Technician, some of your daily responsibilities will include:
• Performing tests on soil, concrete, asphalt, and other materials at the construction site or in one of our laboratories. Field testing commonly involves testing the moisture and density testing of soils using a nuclear density testing gauge.
• Most of your work will be outdoors. Great for those who don’t want to sit behind a desk! Be prepared to work in a variety of weather conditions
• Observing and documenting construction activities to assure compliance with technical specifications. Prepare daily field reports and test summaries documenting the work.
• Interacting with contractors, clients, and GTA personnel to evaluate site conditions and participate in work progress meetings.
• You will work closely with experienced professionals who will mentor and train you as you integrate into GTA’s culture and jump start your career! We want you to be successful!
• Bachelor’s degrees are welcome! Minimum requirement of High School Diploma/GED.
• Own reliable transportation, valid driver’s license; and satisfactory driving record. You will be driving to the project sites every day in your own vehicle.
• Ability to lift to 60 pounds along with bending and hammering movements on a regular basis
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
• Enjoy working outdoors.
• Authorized to work in the U.S. Visa sponsorship is not available.
• NICET and/or ACI certifications are a plus, but not required.
• Must have safety-toe boots.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers