Accomplished, out-of-the-box thinking, marketing executive with a proven record of helping startup to Fortune 500 companies penetrate domestic and overseas markets. Adept at using direct marketing, social media, and MARCOM to accomplish company goals.
Skills: Broad digital, print, B2B, B2C, and global marketing experience, encompassing strategic planning, direct and
e-mail marketing campaign planning and analysis, lead generation campaigns, content marketing, e-commerce, webinars, web analytics, social media (e.g. blogging, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, content syndication, and content aggregation), WordPress, website content, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), pay-per-click (PPC), branding, CRM systems, creative development, databases, public relations, competitive research, Constant Contact and MailChimp, advertising planning, business development, and sales promotion, with the ability to negotiate the lowest possible costs, and provide creative, innovative, enthusiastic and forward-thinking leadership in a team environment.
Key Industry Expertise: Publishing, industrial, manufacturing, services, and technical and technology verticals.
Consulting Little Ferry, NJ, 1996 -- Present
Proven experience generating domestic and international business for a wide range of companies and industries utilizing my strong marketing, digital marketing, and public relations experience.
Selected Accomplishments for Clients
• Provider of security solutions to over 200,000 business customers and 25 million PC users- Worked on a variety of projects encompassing lead generation, e-mail marketing, social media, content syndication, marketing automation, and project management.
• Distributor of decorative millwork, moldings, and related products to businesses and consumers-- Sales rose from $500,000 to $2 million in my first year consulting for this company. Company grew from a small local millwork supplier to a large national catalog/online marketer thanks to my digital and direct mail marketing, market research, marketing strategies, press release coverage, e-commerce, and project managing and contributing to catalog and website production.
• Mortgage subsidiary of largest USA based bank-- Developed and implemented marketing campaigns averaging 100,000 in size and managed project tasks as this global financial services leader ramped up mortgage marketing.
• Lettershop-- Sales rose $1 million the first year consulting for this company. Introduced a NJ lettershop to the world of digital marketing via my social media, SEO, SEM, and PPC campaigns. Also identified new target markets, developed promotions, and maximized press release coverage.
• Major manufacturer and distributor of signage, displays, and display components-- Placed my press releases in over 1,000 key publications/online media around the world. One of my PR placements resulted in a new distributor for a recently launched product line that quickly generated orders in excess of $1 million.
• Manufacturer and supplier of bendable substrates for a wide range of businesses-- Sales increased from $4 million to $6 million in my first year thanks largely to my identification of new markets and business from my free press in 90+ magazines that generated nearly 2,000 leads.
• Large global distributor, importer, and manufacturer of specialty hardware and complementary products-- Lead generation predominantly from my press releases for salespeople and branding for major Toronto Stock Exchange listed company during its crucial USA market launch phase.
• Top global information technology company-- Obtained speaking opportunities for key executives to polish their public image and introduce new product lines.
MARKETING MANAGER, Marquis Who's Who LLC (B2B publisher of reference books and online content) New Providence, NJ, 2001 -- August 2010
• Consultant from 2001-2007 and hired full-time in 2007. Marquis Who's Who top management signed written approval allowing me to consult with other companies during off hours.
• Increased book and product sales as much as 200% and profits from these sales as much as 800%. One campaign generated $700,000 in profit on a $200,000 investment.
• Negotiated 80-100% reductions in list rental costs through innovative out-of-the-box thinking including list exchanges.
• Saved $500,000 per year in information production costs while maintaining high quality standards.
• Managed marketing for all books which were sold globally included Marquis Who's Who titles, Official Museum Directory, Official Catholic Directory, Direct Marketing Marketplace, and others. Also managed marketing of other titles from LexisNexis and Bowker prior to Reed Elsevier divesting Marquis Who's Who and Bowker.
• Instrumental in the successful migration from reference book to web subscription sales.
• Created, analyzed, and executed frequent, broad based integrated campaigns for books and online reference products including e-commerce, web analytics, and social media. Campaigns ranged from the thousands to millions in size.
• Developed out-of-the-box tests that resulted in increased purchase rate of 50% and more.
MARKETING MANAGER, Spiral Binding Company, Inc. (manufacturer and distributor of business equipment and supplies) Totowa, NJ, 1997 -- 1999
• Sales rose 25% through my maximizing business with current customers and producing new sources of strong revenue with additional customers in best current markets and new markets, domestically and abroad.
• Built the Spiral Binding Company name and business through my marketing and promotional campaigns, which included the development of profitable catalogs and marketing materials.
• Managed profit and loss; developed and executed budgets.
• Supervised and worked with creative staff and managed the activities of computer service bureaus, a mailing/fulfillment house, photographers, and production departments.
• Explored alternative media for customer acquisition and successfully launched and marketed a company Website on the Internet. Developed strategies to keep company's web pages consistently near the top of all key search engines to maximize 'hits' and leads.
MARKETING MANAGER, Outwater Plastics/Industries, Inc. (distributor of moldings, P.O.P. and store fixture products, lighting, and millwork that targets both B2B and B2C) Bogota, NJ, 1987 -- 1996
• Developed and implemented marketing campaigns responsible for driving global sales from $7 million to $26 million and the customer base from 23,000 to 86,000 during this period.
• Discovered and successfully launched a product line that became the foundation for a successful company spinoff. The spinoff went from 0 to $8 million in sales in 3 years.
• Three hundred press releases worth in excess of $150,000 per year were printed/broadcast by various media. The number of leads and subsequent business from press releases often outperformed advertising results.
I created this blog to gain access to a larger potential client/networking population. By providing free value added services such as cutting edge ideas and insights on marketing techniques, I was able to network and build my LinkedIn connections which continue to grow exponentially and now exceed 9,200.
Social Media Marketing LinkedIn Group Moderator (991K mbrs.) B2B Content Marketing
Social Media Marketing Innovators LinkedIn Group Owner Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Network
Direct Marketing Association Official
Ecommerce and Online Marketing Experts
DMA Business-to-Business Council
Forbes CMO Network
Hudson Valley Direct Marketing Association
DMCNY - The Direct Marketing Club of New York
Publishers and Book Sellers Association
Social Media Marketing
Those in Media
B to B Marketing
Bachelor of Science in Marketing
Fairleigh Dickinson University, Teaneck, N.J.
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers