Centrim Electric, a well-established, full service residential and commercial electrical contractor providing superior electrical contracting services throughout the Tri-State Area is currently seeking an Estimator Assistant or Junior Estimator.
QR Code Link to This Post
Estimator Assistant or Junior Estimator:
Individual must be proactive, energetic, professional, assertive, and willing to do what is necessary to exceed expectations within the scope of the duty areas.
• Assist Senior Estimators with new bid counts and take-off: lighting fixtures, Fire alarm devices, receptacles, underground feeders, overhead feeders, panels, meters and other miscellaneous items.
• Responsible for turning in submittals/cut sheets for contracted project’s appropriate materials.
• Follow up with General Contractor’s office for approved submittals, pending RFIs and change orders.
• Responsible for maintaining files of all required project documents including letter of certifications, shop drawings, as-built drawings and other related documentation.
• Responsible for preparing estimates & budgets based on material take-off and related information.
• Detail oriented, excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
• Responsible for the completion of change orders on on-going projects and logging of each entry.
• Responsible for identifying potential problems/concerns and submitting proper RFI to general contractors prior to the bid’s due date.
• Responsible for preparing submittals, reviewing bill of materials, coordinating material delivery to the job site.
• Responsible for updating as-built documents and collection of all close out documents.
• Responsible for identifying the drawing changes per any addendums or revisions on any ongoing bids.
• Responsible for maintaining a log for new bid projects and notifying senior staff with details of the receipt project.
• Responsible for notifying sub-contractors and vendors of take-off and pricing of all new bids, follow up to ensure quotes were available for final pricing.
• Responsible for the organization of submittals and worked closely with project managers to ensure the client’s needs were met in a timely manner.
• Must have experience in use of Microsoft Office suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer) used for record keeping, training support and professional communication and correspondence.
• Individual must be a self-starter with the ability to function both autonomously and within a team environment.
• Must be able to clearly and accurately communicate (both verbally and in written from) complex thoughts and ideas in English using proper grammar and spelling.
• CAD Experience Necessary
• BIM 3D Modeling experience a PLUS but not necessary