The Residential Support Staff is responsible for providing client services to assist in the safe and effective operation of our main Shelter facility. This role is an hourly, non-exempt position reporting to the Shelter Administrator and the hours are Monday - Friday 6am-2pm.
1. Duties and Responsibilities will include working with Case Management Staff to understand the individual needs and services for shelter clients to best facilitate their success in our programs.
A. Routine paperwork.
1. Daily census/attendance sheets
2. Chore lists
3. Transportation lists
4. Communication log and Daily Flow report
B. Provide physical and client related tasks which include:
1. Conduct phone screens.
2. Enforce basic hygiene.
3. Conduct drug and alcohol testing.
4. Conduct searches for contraband.
5. Distribute and record medicine administration.
6. Performed security checks every hour.
7. Monitor smoke breaks.
8. Monitor rooms/common area nightly for cleanliness.
9. Assign chores and supervise completion.
10. Provide guest transportation.
11. Assist Volunteers, Volunteer Manager and/or prepare meals when necessary.
12. Contact police, fire and rescue personnel in an emergency.
13. Refer all Media to HSI President.
C. Cross train with the Program Assistant for kitchen and food related tasks, as well as shelter client services supply inventory management.
D. Participate in staff meetings and in service training.
E. Exhibit strong personal accountability and awareness of and adherence to company standards, policies, procedures and processes in all aspects of employment with HSI.
F. Clearly communicate issues, concerns or recommendations regarding clients or operational issues to the Shelter Administrator or Case Management Staff.
A. High School Diploma
B. Minimum one year Resident Support work experience.
C. Knowledge, skills and abilities
1. Valid driver’s license
2. Good oral, written and basic computer skills
3. Clean driving record and subject to satisfactory background checks
4. Regular and predictable attendance and reliable transportation are required during the scheduled hours for this position.
5. Physically capable of lifting and carrying supplies, up to 30 pounds
6. Ability to occasionally move about inside the residential housing facility, including navigating stairs and ramps.
7. Clarity of vision at close and long ranges.
8. Mental Health Care experience is a plus
9. Experience working in a shared living environment is a plus.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers