***This is a Direct Hire opportunity, great room for advancement***
Responsible for setting up and tending grinding machines in order to grind external or internal cylindrical or tapered surfaces of metal pieces. Follows instructions and charts during grinding procedure.
1) File grooved, contoured, and irregular surfaces of metal objects, such as metalworking dies and machine parts, to conform to templates, other parts, layouts, or blueprint specifications.
2) Grind, sand, clean, or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools.
3) Load and adjust work pieces onto equipment or work tables, using hand tools.
4) Measure and mark equipment, objects, or parts to ensure grinding and polishing standards are met.
5) Move controls to adjust, start, or stop equipment during grinding and polishing processes.
6) Remove completed work pieces from equipment or work tables, using hand tools, and place work pieces in containers.
7) Select files or other abrasives, according to materials, sizes and shapes of work pieces, amount of stock to be removed, finishes specified, and steps in finishing processes.
8) Study blueprints or layouts to determine how to lay out work pieces or saw out templates.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers