Jr. Copywriter (Berkeley Heights)
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package such as Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Company Match 401(k), and more. The Access Group fosters a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are headquartered in Berkeley Heights, NJ with offices in New York, Chicago, and California. Visit us at www.theaccessgp.com to learn more.
To apply for a position, visit our "Careers" page on our website: www.theaccessgp.com
The Junior Copywriter's primary responsibility is to provide full copy support for assigned agency accounts. Job responsibilities will include researching and developing material for multiple pharmaceutical clients and biotech business projects, participation in strategic development and brainstorming sessions; and writing on a broad range of therapeutic areas.
The Junior Copywriter performs independent research and works with a variety of scientific materials to develop a range of pieces for professional, patient and caregiver audiences, as well as training pieces designed for a client audience.
II. Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
• Writes and edits engaging, relevant, original copy
• Participates in strategic, creative brainstorming sessions that produce fresh and medically-sound ideas
• Performs independent research and works with a variety of scientific materials to develop a range of promotional and informational pieces for professional and patient caregiver audiences
• Helping to build and maintain reference library for copy group
• Prepares materials for med-legal submission
• Works as part of an account team to achieve the client's objectives through creative imagery and effective message strategies
• Works closely with AD, AE, and Production personnel as a team member on assigned accounts to produce effective themes, campaigns, etc.
• Maintains consistently high standards of writing which will enhance the agency-client relationship
• Monitors the progress of assigned projects through each phase of development, i.e., layout, production, media, and research
• Participates in client-agency meetings at the agency, when appropriate
• Maintains a reasonable library of own reference material relating to assigned clients
• Ensure brand-specific style is consistent throughout jobs
• Direct appropriate queries to medical director, CS team lead or other reviewers (Partners)
• Enforce consistency with style, tone and focus
• Manages, schedules and train freelance writers
• Assesses day to day copywriting needs and assure adequate coverage for the agency
III. Position Requirements:
Education or Equivalent:
• BA in Science or Arts or relevant subject.
• 2-3 years of clinical services/medical writing experience.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers